Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Final Numbers

...Sort of. As explained previously, the Federal income tax is withdrawn up front at 25%, so the difference to my actual tax bracket will be sorted out when I file my 2008 taxes, as will the PA income tax. But here are the final up-front numbers:

MSRP (as configured)$95,525
Freight$895
Tourist Delivery$2,250
State Sales & Tire Tax$5,737
Fees (documentation, title, etc.)$147
Total Vehicle Cost$104,554
Effective Credit from Raffle$71,449
Total Paid Up Front$33,105

Some of the numbers have been rounded/combined for simplicity's sake, and I didn't include the VAT deposit (as it will be credited back when the car is shipped to the US), but those numbers are pretty much the deal. At this point the papers have been signed and I have the VIN of the vehicle - WP0AB29949S720835 - which is currently in the process of assembly at the factory. I guess I now "officially" own a 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S.

We leave for Germany exactly two weeks from today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you have to pay anything out of pocket?

cecil_t said...

Yes, it was somewhat incremental (deposits and such) but basically that "Total Paid Up Front" number was out-of-pocket to me before taking delivery of the car. So I had a few months to get it together, and the dealer could have financed it the same as with any other car so you could make regular payments on it.