Monday, June 30, 2008

First Meeting with the Dealership

Today I called Randal at Porsche of the Main Line. We spoke briefly on the phone until he informed me that he had a Macadamia Metallic car in the showroom sitting next to his desk. I told him I'd be there tonight at 6pm to see it, as prior to this the closest 911 I could find in this color was 2 hours away. I thought I'd be taking a road trip this weekend but instead I can just run down to the local dealer - great.

So my wife and I walk in a 6pm sharp and Randal shows us the car and the color. I'm fairly familiar with the 911's but never really went through one, especially a new one, in any real detail until now. I'm very impressed. Randal was very thorough explaining the many features of the car (an '08 model) and what would be different for '09. We chatted a bit more as he showed us around the dealership, and then we sat down and started having an initial discussion on the options I may be interested in. He only recently got the detailed information on the '09s and it's the first I'm seeing of the new detailed option list. I get to take a copy home so I can really work it out (time to update my spreadsheet).

As for the timeline, if I get the order in within the next couple of weeks it will make the September "allocation" (build date at the factory). Delivery to the dealership is 30-45 days later, so if everything goes as planned it looks like I'll be taking delivery of the car in October or early November. I've only talked to Vu from Porsche Club once on the phone since the day I found out I won, and I still haven't received any of the paperwork related to it. Vu informed me that he would be busy at the annual Porsche Parade and that I would see that information the following week. So I'm going to try to have everything worked out with the dealership here pretty soon and then we'll just work out the paperwork and get the order in, hopefully.

No comments: